- 250 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 170 milliliters water
- 400 grams ground pork
- 4 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- Grated ginger
- Mix flour with baking powder.
- Add water and mix.
- Putt he dough in a table (with flour) and knead it until you get a smooth surface.
- Make a ball with the dough, put it in a floured bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Mix ground pork with soy sauce and Shiaoxing wine.
- Grate a little bit of ginger and add it to the filling.
- Put he dough in a floured table and knead until it gets back to its original size. Let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Cut the dough in two equal parts and give them a cylindrical shape (like in the photos). Divide each half into 12-14 parts.
- Make a ball with each one of the parts using your hands. Then, give them a disk shape using a rolling pin. The disk must be thicker in the edges than in the centre.
- Take the dough with one hand and fill it with the other with 1 or 2 tsps. of filling. Closet he dough giving the disk the shape of a bag.
- Put a wet kitchen towel in the top level of the steamer and place the dim sum inside.
- Put some water in a saucepan and make it boil at high heat. Place the steamer on top and low down temperature (medium temperature) when the water starts to boil.
- Let the dim sum cook for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it sit for 2 more minutes.
- Serve warm and repeat the process with the rest of the dim sum.